Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Counselling
The Institute launched the Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Counselling in the year 2005 to address the need for trained manpower to work in the area of child and adolescent mental health. The course is under affiliation with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi and is also recognized from Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI). So far the Institute has organized thirteen batches of the course. The Advanced Diploma has been designed to bridge the gap of availability of trained professionals for undertaking counseling and guidance of children and families in different settings. It has been planned with a Developmental, Ecological and Rights Perspective to enable the learner to function effectively as a mental health professional with an updated understanding of theoretical constructs, and the requisite skills. The inherent emphasis of the programme is on 'Development of Self' and 'Acquisition of Skills' through experiential and action learning. The course envisions to
To create professional and personal growth opportunities for those working with children and child- related systems so as to enable children to actualize their potential.
The Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Counseling is a full time regular, one-year programme. The course is of 10 months duration followed by 2 months of internship.
Medium of Instruction
The transaction of the programme and medium of examination would be English. It is also expected that the learner would submit the assignments and fieldwork reports in English.
- Any recognized Master’s Degree in Social Work / Psychology / Child Development / Community Resource Management / Development Communication Extension / Nursing / Special Education.
- M.Ed. From recognized University.
- Any recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work / Psychology / Child Development / Community Resource Management / Development Communication Extension / Nursing / Special Education with minimum 05 years of experience of working with children.
- B.Ed. from recognized University with minimum 04 years of experience of working with children.
- The candidate must also have studied English (Elective/core/functional) (01 paper) at 10+2 level or higher.
Seats: In view of the intensive nature of the programme only 30 students will be admitted
Contact us at (EPABX Nos) : 26963002, 26963204, 26969010, Extn. 208