The purpose of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) in ICDS is to ensure responsive care, early learning and development which includes physical and motor; language, cognitive, socio-personal, emotional and creative and aesthetic appreciation. It encompasses the inseparable elements of care, health, nutrition, play and early learning within a protective and enabling environment.
Government of India has reaffirmed its commitment to promoting ECCE by formulating and notifying the National Early Curriculum Framework, Quality Standards, and Child Assessment Cards have been notified and circulated to all States/UTs.
Under the restructured Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme, an Anganwadi Centre (AWC) is to be repositioned as a “vibrant ECD Centre” to become the first village output for health, nutrition and early learning with adequate infrastructure and human resources for ensuring care to Early Childhood Care and Development.
- Draft Handbook for Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) on Early Childhood Home Stimulation Activities
- Report on National Review Meet on Implementation of ECCE (5-6 March 2019)
- Report of Consultative Meet Of State Officials on Status of Implementation of ECCE(2018)
- Report of Stock Taking Review Meet for Rolling out of ECCE Curriculum(2017)
- Guidebook for Planning and Organization of Preschool Education Activities in Anganwadi Centers
- Story Books